Living well and working to be healthier is more than eating right and getting plenty of exercise. It’s also as simple as making a healthier home. What better way to start getting on track than making the space you live in healthy and clearing it of bad energy and toxins? For this week’s Tuesday Tips, we’ve put together a list of tips to make your home healthier.
1. Use pet-friendly and environmentally-friendly cleaning products. Lots of cleaning products on the market have harsh chemicals that are bad for both your family’s health and your pet’s health. Look for organic or environmentally safe cleaning products and use those as much as possible.
2. Make your bedroom your zen room. You should really have a space in your home that is completely stress free. Keep your bedroom a work-free zone. It will train your brain to relax naturally so that you fall asleep easier. Shut off all electronics at least 30 minutes before bedtime and keep it a phone, tablet and computer free zone if possible.
3. Declutter. Studies have shown that people with tidier living spaces have lower stress levels compared to those who live in clutter-filled spaces. Get the clothes off the floor, organize those magazines and keep the dishes out of the sink. Wouldn’t it be nice to wake up without a mess all over?
4. Vacuum Regularly. Or Swiffer Regularly. Dust can affect you much more than you might realize. Try and vacuum the floors at least twice a week to get all the dirt, pet dander and particles sucked up. Dust weekly. If you have only hardwood or tile flooring, Swiffer that dust up.
5. Use a water filter. You might think your tap water is safe to drink but chances are you’re taking in way too much flouride and even chemicals. Water filters can be as cheap as $15 at the local supermarket and fit easily in the fridge. Water filters can also be installed right into your sink if that’s something of interest to you. The idea is to eliminate as many chemicals going into your body as possible.
Have any more tips? Tell us in the comments below!